Monday, June 6, 2011

In the meantime...

In the meantime, while I am waiting to begin embarking on my journey of making some swiss buttercream and making some really nice core of the cake part of the cupcakes, I am going headed down another road.  Don't worry, this road is headed in the right direction...the direction that we're picking up on in the first place from the last time cupcakes took over my eyes and mind ;-)

I am going to attempt to make Blue Velvet, Blackberry Curd, Blackberry Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes.  Where did I get that from?  A friend of mine, made these and had them at a bake sale and they were absolutely delicious & I have to give a try at making them. 

So here goes, last night I went online to try and find what even would look like a similitude of what that recipe might be, and I found this.  These cupcakes were featured on Food Network.  They were done by Cakeology and were one of the cupcakes that won on Cupcake Wars (I "think"... don't quote me on that).  But I know that they were on there.

Long story short, this tells me two things.  Number One: This is a good recipe to try!  Number Two: Cupcake Wars is a good place to start pulling cupcake recipes.  That's what I need and that's the direction I am going in.

So now the plan is two-prong: (1) Make swiss buttercream, and (2)  practice making some really good cupcakes. You ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment