Friday, April 1, 2011

The Perfect (Boiled) Egg

These are our eggs, fresh eggs, eggs from our chickens.  This recipe was passed down to me from my mother-in-law (although my husband says that he gave it to her..nonetheless it was share with me).  Some of you may already know this trick but just in case you don't I thought I'd pass this along as I am making devilled eggs today for company later on.

The Perfect (Boiled) Egg
Items Needed

Eggs
Pot (for water)
Cold water
A stovetop

Put your eggs in a pot with cold water.  Set on the stove to boil and bring to a boil.  Immediately after the eggs have come to a boil, leave them in the pot but turn them off and let them sit in the water for exactly 15 minutes.  After 15 minutes, take them out of the pot and run a little cold water over them.  And voila!  You have your Perfect Boiled Egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment