Saturday, February 25, 2012

I finally made Cake-pops that I am proud of...!

It's four in the morning...and what am I doing?  I am up blogging about baking & cooking and all those fun ideas.
I have finally, finally, finally  made some cake pops that I am proud of!  Where's the pictures?  No pictures.  At least not this morning.  My camera's bottom has decided not to "shut" once batteries are put it in.  So this post is "picture-less", I'm sad to say.  I could get my phone but I have a 9-week old...oh, well, you get my point.

Any-how, I have finally, finally made cake pops that I am proud of and it happened tonight in a series of three steps.  If you've checked over my blog or looked at it for any length of time, you've noticed that I have  made cake-pops before.  Sure!  But they weren't "right".  You know what I mean... too crumbly, too moist, there was always something not quite right.

Now this time around I have finally gotten Bakerella's cookbook...and I've followed the instructions...and they turned out right.  Sounds simple, I know.  But you have to understand, I jumped on the first train to "something new in the cooking world" and I didn't even check to see if I had my train ticket, lol.  And the conductor (the result) came asking me for my ticket (the instructions) and did I pay for it (was I following them)...and I was not.  Hence the "not so great end product"!  Well, I've got my ticket, paid my fair, I know where I'm going...I am finally on my way to being a pop-star, a Cake-pop star that is!  Anybody want to come with me?  Or already on their way there?  Got your ticket?  I do now...(smile).  And it's all up-hill from here.

Song:
I'm gonna make cake-pops,
I'm gonna make cake-pops,
And good ones this time,
And good ones this time!

Now with that, go out and get yourself a cookbook or go online and learn how to make your favorite item, by following a recipe, step-by-step.

You'll be so glad you did!

Good Night (or Good Morning...)
and Happy Baking!
-Bakie (aka Chemeeka ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment