Monday, July 8, 2013

Patriotic Berry-Rich Smoothie




 
Happy Monday to you!  I hope that you had a happy & safe post-holiday weekend:)!  I thought that this smoothie would be a great way to kick-off the week & a Monday morning at that;)  One of my little ones, has been begging, and begging me to make a smoothie.  So I have finally gotten around to it.  And so here we go....Easy, fresh, tasty and did I say, "healthy?"  Oh yeah.  Who is with me?

I have to admit that as much as this smoothie was healthy, it is tasty.  Here's what's in it:
 
1 1/2 cup lowfat milk
1/2 uncooked regular oats
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1 tablespoon of molasses (for good measure...er....something like that;)
(Well the blog name is Bakie Me Sweet after all:)

I could not find the bottom base to our blender so, in the food processor it goes.  I just pulsed this on medium speed.  And there we have it.  Easy enough, right?

 
For me, it is the perfect start to a Monday morning.  *Note: you could also substitute in 1/2 cup of plain unseasoned silken tofu for the 1/2 cup of lowfat milk.  Just as good, and would make it a touch creamier.
 
 
 And there you have it.  A great smoothie for a great start to your week:)  What are some of the things that you like to drink or make (besides coffee) that gives a real boost to the day?  I hope that you're having fun grabbing some of these recipes.
 
Happy Monday to Ya!
 
xo-Bakie:)









No comments:

Post a Comment